In many parts of the U.S., higher temperatures and drier weather conditions mean a greater risk of wildfires. Anyone who is familiar with wildland firefighting knows how quickly a wildfire can spread, especially when faced with rugged terrain. That’s where brush trucks and brush truck skids shine.
Get To The Fire Quicker
Brush trucks specialize in getting to places where traditional fire trucks can’t follow. That makes them invaluable for tackling wildfires at their source, instead of waiting for fires to reach the tarmac. With faster response times, fire/rescue teams can deal with wildfires more quickly and ultimately save lives and property.
Why Choose A Brush Truck With A Skid?
Once used mostly by rural and volunteer fire departments, brush trucks are gaining popularity as larger departments recognize their unique advantages.
- Maneuverability — Brush trucks are light enough and maneuverable enough to go where larger, heavier firefighting equipment can’t.
- Capability — Typically equipped with 4WD, and can overcome rugged terrain that would stop other vehicles from reaching the scene.
- Cost — On average, brush trucks and our skids cost less than conventional firefighting trucks.
- Customization — The sky is the limit when it comes to customizing, with a wide variety of makes, models, bed lengths to suit your wildland firefighting needs.
Transform Your Vehicle Into A Versatile Firefighting Tool
Our skids help transform what would otherwise be a department-owned pickup or flatbed into a versatile firefighting tool. KIMTEK offers an entire series of truck skid units aimed at fire departments in search of an affordable yet effective solution for off-road wildland firefighting. The FIRELITE® skid unit series gets the job done with 125, 160, and 200-gallon configurations available.
Here’s what you can expect when you choose a FIRELITE® skid:
- Our skids work with most short- or long-bed full-size pickup, as well as flatbed applications.
- Every skid uses aluminum diamond-plate construction, ensuring a rugged, durable, and long-lasting unit.
- Stainless steel piping and brass valves ensure both reliability and durability under typical wildland firefighting conditions.
- Every unit ships fully assembled so it arrives ready to install.
- Designed to be low-profile and compact with a low center of gravity.
- All units can draft up to 19 feet with an initial prime.
- Choose between Davey and Darley pumps.
Get Your FIRELITE Skid Today
You can customize your brush truck skid with a wide variety of hose and tool storage options. The FIRELITE 300 & 400 SERIES brush truck skids stand out as an effective low-cost solution for wildland firefighting. Call KIMTEK today, and we’ll help you choose the right model that meets your fire and rescue needs.